Here is the recipe for my non-dairy maple walnut ice cream.
- 2 cans (13-14 fl. oz.) of unsweetened, full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. of natural maple flavor extract
- (Optional) Candied walnuts (1 cup walnuts, 1 tablespoon of butter or non-dairy equivalent, 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- Combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, maple extract, and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together in the large bowl.
- (Optional) Heat a pan on low and add the walnuts, butter, and sugar. Continually mix the sugar, butter, and walnuts until the butter and sugar melts and the walnuts are slightly toasted. Or, an easier solution is to simply buy a bag of candied walnuts from the store and use 1 cup.
- Add the coconut mixture to your ice cream maker. As the ice cream is being mixed, slowly add the candied walnuts.